Booking Conditions 2020
Reservations of holiday accommodation whether made by telephone, in person, in writing or from the internet are accepted by Forget Me Not WB, on the following conditions.
- CONTRACT OF HIRE– The hiring contract will be between you the Hirer and Forget Me Not WB and shall be deemed to be made subject to these Conditions of Hire and governed by English Law. The Contract of Hire is not effective until Forget Me Not WB despatch to the Hirer written confirmation of the booking. The contract is for the hire of the property for holiday purposes only. We do not accept bookings from Hirers under 18 years of age.
- INITIAL PAYMENT – Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt by Forget Me Not WB of the required deposit payment of one third of the total holiday cost (£100 for returning guests), comprising cottage rental, and any additional charges. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental is required at the time of booking. Deposits can be paid by BACS, card, cash or cheque.
- BALANCE PAYMENT– The Balance of the Hire will be due for payment eight weeks before the holiday commencement date. On receipt of the Balance Payment, advice of key collection arrangements and directions to the property will be sent to the Hirer. Forget Me Not WB reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 28 days before the holiday commencement date. The deposit paid on the booking is non-returnable.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT– Cheques should be made payable to Mrs C Tooth. There is no charge for Debit/Credit Card payments. Please contact us for BACS details.
- CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING – Once Forget Me Not WB has issued a Confirmation of Booking, the Hirer is responsible for the total agreed price of the property and extras as shown on the confirmation. Amendments to bookings, where applicable, will be subject to an administration fee of £20.
- CANCELLATION– If you are forced to cancel your holiday you must inform Forget Me Not WB as soon as possible. Depending on your reason for cancellation, you may, at our discretion, receive a refund of all money you have paid to us for your booking less a handling charge of £60. In all other cases, you will remain liable for full payment unless we are able to re-let all or part of the period booked, in which case Forget Me Not WB will consider a refund less a handling charge of £90.
- AMENITIES– The use of accommodation and amenities is entirely at the users’ risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users’ or visitors’ belongings. However, Forget Me Not WB do not seek to exclude or limit legal liability for the negligence of their servants or agents.
- PARTY NUMBERS– In no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons as stated on the website occupy a property. Forget Me Not WB reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Only those listed on the booking may occupy the premises. The person who completes the booking, i.e. the lead name, certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of the party, including any changes. The lead name must be over 18 years and a member of the party occupying the property. The lead name agrees to take responsibility for all members of the party. Forget Me Not WB reserves the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may in their opinion (and at their sole discretion) be unsuitable for the property concerned.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES– For the whole of the period included within your booking, you will be responsible for the property and will be expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property details aim to give an accurate description of the property. Should there be any specific health or mobility difficulties which may affect a party member; this must be pointed out at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the property can be assessed. The property and all equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. The property must be vacated by 09.00am on the day of departure. No pets are allowed in Forget Me Not. No smoking of cigarettes or electronic cigarettes is allowed on any part of the property including the front and back gardens.
- DAMAGE– All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of you, the Hirer, and should be notified to Graham or Carol before the end of your holiday. The cost of damage or breakages shall be payable on demand. Normally, minor damage or breakages will not be charged but in circumstances where extra cleaning is required or there has been breakage or damage beyond what is reasonably to be expected, Forget Me Not WB reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred as a consequence and may, at their discretion, refuse further bookings. Should you find on arrival any damaged or non-working items, they must be reported to Graham or Carol immediately, so that matters can be rectified. Forget Me Not WB has the right to enter the property (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out). Any Damages/Security Deposits charged and administered by Forget Me Not WB will be cashed on receipt to allow for bank clearance and reimbursed promptly after the holiday (less any penalties which may be incurred). Forget Me Not WB reserves the right to request payment of a security deposit should it be deemed necessary. Forget Me Not WB reserves the right to repossess the Holiday Home at any time, where you or any member of your party has caused damage. Forget Me Not WB shall not be liable to make a refund of any remaining portion of the hire terms paid.
- COMPLAINT PROCEDURE– If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive, tell Graham or Carol immediately, so that investigation can be carried out and any necessary action taken. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the hire has ended, or where the Hirer has denied Forget Me Not WB the opportunity to try to put matters right during the Hirer´s stay.
- LITERATURE– Forget Me Not WB takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the property description. All information on our website is given in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of going to press, but Forget Me Not WB cannot be held responsible for changes beyond their control. Forget Me Not WB cannot accept liability for happenings outside their reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions.
- LEGAL– In the event of any dispute between parties it shall be governed by the jurisdiction of the English courts only and any actions shall be heard in the court for the area in which the property is located unless otherwise agreed between the parties. However, it is hereby agreed and declared that all reasonable endeavours will be used to resolve the dispute arising without immediate recourse to litigation. If not mutually resolved, it is further agreed that all reasonable endeavours will be used to resolve the dispute by a formally recognised alternative dispute resolution process i.e. mediation, arbitration or expert determination. In default of such agreement, the process and appointment of the independent professional will be determined by the President for the time being of the Law Society or the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. In either case, all parties will contribute equally to the expense of such process, and, in default these expenses shall be capable of being recovered in any subsequent litigation.
- AVAILABILITY– The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the property and its facilities as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a property is not available through events arising outside the control of Forget Me Not WB then Forget Me Not WB may be forced to cancel the booking. The Hirer will be advised as early as possible and receive a full refund of monies paid. The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against Forget Me Not WB. Please note that reservation requests are not confirmed bookings until we have contacted you and accepted a payment.